Friday 24 August 2012

Common Redstart

In my ongoing search for a Spotted Flycatcher (they're all at Wanstead) I found this superb first-winter male Common Redstart along Slangs today, showing throughout the day. Also a Yellow Wagtail over earlier in the morning.

first-winter male Common Redstart

Yesterday the two Tree Pipits showed again and I located a Whinchat at Horse Pasture (Ian had two birds nearby in the evening) and two juvenile Yellow Wagtails at Legal & General.

Yellow Wagtail
 
Not bird-related (that literally is a first for this blog I think) but on Tuesday I really enjoyed going with a couple of college friends to see Icelandic indie folk-rock band Of Monsters and Men in Brighton, I had been looking forward to it for a long time and they put on an amazing show - the first live gig I've been to, believe it or not.