Thursday 19 September 2013

99

Yesterday was a good session at the patch, putting me on 99 for the patch year list with a Grasshopper Warbler that flew from my feet as I walked through the small grassy field just west of Canons Farmyard. It flew into the farmyard where I flushed it again, and once more at which point it finally showed itself quite well for twenty seconds or so before dropping down once more. Happy, I left it in peace. Also a Grey Wagtail and a Cormorant flew over and a Stonechat joined a Wheatear east of the farmhouse.

Today was quieter. A Common Whitethroat was still present at the Watchpoint and there was decent vis-migging with a total of around 60 Meadow Pipits moving through along with a small movement of House Martins and Swallows (the majority still being made up of the former species).