Friday 10 April 2020

West Worthing and Highdown

To my delight a flock of 10 Crossbills flew east over my garden just before 7am this morning. Other highlights from the garden today incuded a Peregrine, a Grey Heron, a Cormorant, three Linnets and a Meadow Pipit.

Crossbills over my garden

I cycled to Highdown, where a flyover Spoonbill was an unexpected and hugely exciting encounter, while I also had my first two Yellow Wagtails and my first Whitethroat of 2020. Other sightings there included three Red Kites, five Buzzards, Greylag and Canada Geese, two Willow Warblers, a singing Marsh Tit, two Bullfinches, a Mistle Thrush, a Treecreeper, 21 Meadow Pipits ,14 Blackcaps, five Chiffchaffs a Kestrel and a Reed Bunting (probably the same as was singing across the roa at North Goring Gap on my way in).


Spoonbill over Highdown

Whitethroat at Highdown