Friday 26 June 2020

Patching and Angmering Park Estate

As I approached Patching Hill, at least six Swifts were busy flying to the eaves of The Old Rectory. When I reached the top of the hill, three Crossbills flew low over me, followed shortly afterwards by a singleton. A Firecrest sang and at least three Yellowhammers were noted.

I spent a couple of hours wandering the Angmering Park Estate - this is where I had come to search for Crossbills, but none were to be found. A couple of Siskins flew over, though, and I had three singing Firecrests. A couple of Bullfinches appeared by the path and 10 Treecreepers were scattered along the route. Other birds included a Mistle Thrush, 10 Goldcrests, six Jays and a Nuthatch.

Coming back through Patching, three Swallows (including a juvenile) and two House Martins were over Patching Pond, while another Yellowhammer sang nearby. Three Moorhens and nine Mallards (including a brood of six) were on the pond.